Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Vernazza - Cinque Terra, Italy



I thought it might be nice to move out of Asia and explore some of the other places we have visited. Last year for Easter, Wes and I traveled to Italy - we went hiking in the Cinque Terra for the first few days and then went to Florence and Pisa. The Cinque Terra are a series of 5 small villages along the Mediterranean coast of northern Italy (check wikipedia for more info). My sister and I spent time there years ago as well. It is a beautiful place!

This picture was taken on the morning of our last day in town. We got up early so that we could do a 2 hour hike before it was time to check out of our room. It was nice to be out when it was not too crowded. Easter was a busy time in Italy.

On a side note, this region is known for its pesto. We enjoyed all kinds of things - pesto pizza, pesto gnocci, pesto pasta...thinking of it makes me hungry.

1 comment:

Wanderlust Designs Photography said...

awesome picture. I was living in Scotland last year, and doing some travelling on the side- i went to florence and rome, and just fell in love with Italy--I think my next trip will be an extended vacation there- you've definitely got me interested! Thanks, Heather