Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Coral Tree in the Sky




This picture is very simple, but I love it. In the picture itself, I enjoy the color of the sky and the unique flowers of the coral tree. I think this tree is native to Australia, but we were in Carlsbad, California when this picture was taken.

The other reason that I love the picture is for what it reminds me of, although this may not mean much to anyone else. Wes and I were in California in March 2005 when he took me to San Diego for a surprise weekend trip. We were supposed to be spending the week at my parents house and he booked the flight from there! It was on this trip that he proposed (and I accepted) - he did a great job and it was very sweet. All of the pictures from the trip will always have a special place in my heart, despite all the other great places we have been together since then.

No comments: