Saturday, June 21, 2008

How to use a blog reader

I love to read lots of blogs - everything from friends, friends of friends, people I find through Etsy, random blogs I find. For a while, I would just go through each of them every day or so and see if something new had been posted. The more blogs I found, the more time consuming this because. Also, there are a lot of people who blog very irregularly so I would stop looking and miss new fun posts.

Recently, I discovered Google Reader. This is a great way to compile and subscribe to all of the blogs that you read and see when something new is posted. I know there are a lot of other options out there to do this as well.

If you would like to start using this, here are the steps that I followed (it is so easy)!

1. In Gmail or Google, click on Reader to get set up and log in.

2. On any blog that you see, just click on Subscribe. In Blogspot, at the bottom is will say "Subscribe: Posts (Atom)". Then, follow the on-screen instructions.

That's it - you are set up. Now, you just need to log in to reader to see what is new! I have my blogs organized by topic - Friends, Family, Etsy, etc. This seems to work well for me.

Feel free to test it out by subscribing to my blog!

1 comment:

pelecypods said...

I added your blog to mine. Lots of great info that you have.
I need a new banner and trying to figure out how to make one.