Thursday, June 12, 2008

This is a lot of work!

As I am coming to the end of my first week of having an Etsy shop, I realize just how much work this is! There are so many things to think of - what pictures to use for my listings, what kind of prints, what kind of cards to use, how to price things effectively. Once I make those decisions, it is how to package, how to ship, how to promote the store so people see what I am doing. Then, there is all the time that I need to spend making sure the photos look right, posting the images and writing the listing, ordering the prints so that I have my inventory built up for what is listed. Not to mention the time spent in the Forums trying to keep up the visibility of my shop and learn the ropes. Whew!

In Etsy, I feel like a very small, very unfamiliar fish in a big giant pond. I guess most people must feel like this in the beginning. I am sure I will get the hang of it eventually...fortunately I have great support from my husband and my sister.

Wish me luck!!

No comments: