Thursday, July 17, 2008

My first ACEO


Tulip1WM, originally uploaded by Annette98.

I have seen tons of ACEOs and I love the idea of having art in a small trading card format. I feel that the small format opens me up to a lot more creativity with my photography.

The listing that I have put up is a tulip picture that I took on our trip to Washington DC a few months ago. I altered the background to be black and white and then changed the central tulip to look like the painting. I had it printed on metallic photographic paper, which gives it a really interesting finish. To top it off, I have mounted it on watercolor paper.

This is a limited edition - #1 of 24.

I listed my first ACEO as a PIF ("pay it forward") which means I am only charging the $0.20 listing fee plus shipping. Shipping is free if it is combined with something else from my shop. I bought some PIF listings last week and this is my first step in paying them back.

No comments: