Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Brand New Bag

As we are heading to Hawaii tomorrow, I decided that I needed a new bag. So, I found a pattern online, modified it to what I wanted and made it out of corduroy, a cute floral fabric and some scotch guarded fabric I had picked up from the Salvation Army store a few weekends ago. I made it big enough to hold my camera and accessories safely without looking like a standard camera bag. I even included some pockets on the inside. I am please with how it turned out.

Outside of the bag - note that the strap is lined in my floral print.



Opening the bag...there is a snap closure.


Inside the bag - with pockets and my telephoto lens. The lining is not the prettiest, but it is scotch guarded and thick so I think it will do well for the lining. I used the floral print again for the under side of the flap.
The straps are very sturdy on the sides! It was so think that I accidentally sacrificed one of my needles in the process before putting on a stronger one.

1 comment:

Oma said...

I am very impressed. Were all these taken with your new camera?